15 must-pin workouts (and when to use them)

by Kim on July 15, 2014

The most horrible thing happened this morning.

I was up early to work out (that was the good part). I ran through one of my favorite arm circuits (and even upped my weights! I was on FIYAH!).

But then…

I got stuck. I hadn’t planned anything specific beyond the arm circuit, and I had 20 minutes to fill. I scrambled over to Pinterest and spent way too long (meaning: any time at all–time’s really ticking in the AM!) trying to decide what to do next.

Lesson learned: planning is good.

Having a bunch of stuff pinned on Pinterest is good, too, but it turns out that you also have to know what’s there and how it could fit into your life, so you’re ready to bust out the right thing at the right moment.

For example…

When you’re on vacation:

anytime anywhere

When you have that antsy, I’ve-been-sitting-all day feeling:

leg workout

When you need to look hot in a dress, STAT:

waterfall

When you’re in a workout rut:

ten week plan

When you just want to get crazy sweaty, and fast:

boot camp

When you want to combine running + strength:

running and strength

When you need to destress:

good morning yoga sequence

When you find yourself with a few free minutes (but your kiddo’s naptime could end at any moment!):

tabata

When you’re a runner but know you should be doing more:

running

When you’re in the mood for a challenge:

challenge

When you don’t know what to do at the gym:

chest and biceps

When you want a no-brainer:

fitness at home

When you want to try something different:

barre

When you’re feeling some elliptical action:

elliptical

When you’re in an emergency workout situation and need something quick/straightforward/equipment-less/NOW:

no equipment

For lots more workout ideas and things to pin, feel free to check out my Fitness Pinterest page. <3

What do you do when you find yourself with some workout time but no workout?

Have a great day!

sig

Ella February 1, 2015 at 1:49 am

This is amazing. I was looking for some good routines the other day and couldn’t really find anything. This collection is perfect! Great post!!

xo Ella
kaleidoscope-of-heartbeats.blogspot.com

Kim February 5, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Woohoo!! Happy to hear that!

emma July 17, 2014 at 8:47 pm

this is a timely post! I’ve been getting bored with the gym and my rotation of 2 workout dvd’s that I do during nap time. ;) thanks for the new ideas!
emma recently posted…How Do I Look?My Profile

Kim July 23, 2014 at 7:10 am

You’re welcome! :)

emma July 17, 2014 at 8:45 pm

this is a timely post! I have been bored with the gym and my rotation of 2 workout dvd’s that a do a nap time. ;) thanks for the ideas!

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch July 16, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I love the idea of having a workout for when you find yourself in a rut. That’s a great reminder that something is better than nothing :)
Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…WIAW: back on that Portillos grindMy Profile

Jenni @ Fitzala July 16, 2014 at 2:30 pm

This is a fun post! Thanks for sharing, I’ll have to give a few of them a try :)
Jenni @ Fitzala recently posted…16 Family friendly summer snacks (that are healthy too!)My Profile

Kim July 16, 2014 at 3:57 pm

You’re welcome! Hope you find some keepers. :)

Shelly July 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I tried searching for a home wod once and it took about 20 mins as I got sucked into the Pinterest abyss. It can be pretty overwhelming at times, talk about data overload!
Shelly recently posted…The Lifestyle Epidemic: Obesity and GMO Foods in AmericaMy Profile

Kim July 16, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Haha exaaactly!! I can’t trust myself on Pinterest, esp. if I’m in a time crunch!

Amanda July 16, 2014 at 10:22 am

I’ve been on a total arm kick lately, so I can’t wait to try the arm workout you did this morning! Some of these other workouts look great too!

Kim July 16, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I do that one all the time! Hope you like it.

char eats greens July 16, 2014 at 8:43 am

These look like all great options. The one that caught my eye (just because it’s different) is the yoga one. I need to get better at pinning workouts. Luckily, I have Fitnessista week 4 workout this week to do for summer shape up, but then I’m all my own again!
char eats greens recently posted…WIAW: three words styleMy Profile