A new podcast and September must haves

by Kim on September 17, 2014

Guess what showed up on my doorstep…..

IMG_6156

More on that in a second!

First, I have to tell you about my new favorite podcast: Mind Body Musings is hosted by former fitness competitor and owner of possibly the coolest name ever, Madelyn Moon. This girl is real and she’s been through the ringer with health and fitness, so she knows her stuff. Plus, she’s just straight-up cool and I want to be her best friend.

In the most recent episode I listened to, Madelyn interviewed Stephani Ruper, the author of the blog Paleo for Women and the book Sexy by Nature. I’d heard Stephani before, so I already knew about her awesomeness—for one thing, she talks in pure quotables. She just spews perfectly deep, eloquent sentences that it would take me an hour to write (much less say on the spot). So I sort of worship her for that.

Anyway, at the end of the episode, Madelyn asked Stephani for some parting wisdom, and she said something to this effect (although much, much more eloquent): Despite everything we do to sabotage our bodies, they’ll never stop fighting for our optimal health. We have to love them for that.

Preach!

I highly recommend checking out the podcast—along with all my other favorites, of course. (How many favorites can you have before you can’t really call them “favorites” anymore?)

Ok, so back to the surprise box. PopSugar was kind enough to send me another of their Must Have boxes this month!

Here was their inspiration for this month’s box:

IMG_6158

(Umm, how do I get the job of picking this stuff out??)

And here’s what they came up with…

IMG_6161

Including…

This funky notecard set and equally funky pencils:

IMG_6166

A gift card to Nike:

IMG_6164

Nike is promoting their new Pro Bra collection—ummm, they’ve come to the right place. No one’s more interested in chest control than a nursing mother!

Nicole Miller earbuds + microphone and Oribe purse hair spray:

IMG_6167

I’ve never owned hairspray that costs more than like $4, for the giant bottles, so that stuff is way out of my league. I haven’t tried it yet, but maybe it’ll convert me?

Of course, no surprise box is complete without chocolate:

IMG_6165

I didn’t WANT to choke these down, but for the sake of the blog…

(Untrue, of course. They were awesome.)

The makers of the almond brownie, Urban Remedy, also sent along a gift card!

IMG_6171

They have a huge variety of cold-pressed juices, meals, snacks, and these cool wellness kits.

Then there’s my favorite thing in the entire box…which I’ve been swooning about on Instagram (are you following me yet? Please do because I’m dying for new peeps to follow and will definitely follow you back!)…

THE SCARF:

IMG_6169

This gorgeous thing is from Tilo—in other words, it’s also way out of my league.

Because the picture above doesn’t do it justice, a dorky photo shoot just for you:

scarf

I die. Of embarrassment. And scarf love.

If you’re interested in getting your own little mystery treasure box from PopSugar every month, guess what! They’re offering $10 off a 3-month subscription with the code SEPT14SELECT. Just get your order in by Sept. 30!

If you’re worried about the price: that scarf alone retails for $125, sooo…yeah. The PopSugar peeps have great taste and you’re sure to get some killer value! (Just take a look at the last box they sent me!)

Disclosure: POPSUGAR provided me with a complimentary POPSUGAR Must Have box. The opinions I have shared about the box are my own and POPSUGAR did not tell me what to say or how to say it.

Something to read:

7 Things I Wish I’d Known When I Was Younger <— NAILED IT

Something to do:

This dumbbell combo circuit from Presley @ Run Pretty (I’ve done it twice in the past week—the reverse plank + tricep dips are KILLER!)

Found any hot new podcasts lately??

I’m kind of a podcast freak, if you haven’t noticed, so please tell!!

If you could put anything in your own Must Have box for September, what would you include?

This may or may not be a covert interview for PopSugar.

(Or, more likely: I’m just curious!)

Happy hump day!

Madelyn Moon October 29, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Kim, I don’t know why I’m just now reading this!! I want to be your best friend too. I think we would get along just mahhvelously!

Thank you so much for sharing my show and listening. Seriously, ever listen means so much to me and it keeps me going! Stefani is an amazing person and I’m so glad I got to have her on the show :)

Much love!

Madelyn

Giselle September 17, 2014 at 9:49 pm

What an awesome Popsugar box! I hope I get mine soon :-) I need to check out that podcast for sure! I’m obsessed with podcasts and love listening to them when I’m on my long runs.
Giselle recently posted…What is Hypothyroidism?My Profile

Katie @ running4cupcakes September 17, 2014 at 4:19 pm

those boxes look amazing. I am going to have to think about splurging on a subscription!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…How to get stronger in BODYPUMPMy Profile

Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West September 17, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I love trying new healthy and unprocessed snack foods as well as lip gloss, lotion and nail polish samples. And I NEVER listen to podcasts, but really should start because those sound interesting.
Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Who doesn’t like pictures of food?My Profile

Alysia @ Slim Sanity September 17, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Umm yes. I loved the September Must Have Box too! That scarf is amaaazing!!

I recently downloaded/subscribed to Chalene Johnson’s Built Your Tribe Podcasts. Haven’t listened to any yet, but I love her so I’m sure they are bound to be fabulously informative!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Eggs – It’s What’s for BrinnerMy Profile

Kim September 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Ooh thanks for the heads up, I didn’t know about that one! I love Chalene too, so I’m sure I’d be all over it!

Katie@LifesNextBigStep September 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Oh man, that would be an great job!! And I’m just going to throw it out there that YOU LOOK AWESOME! And you had a baby less than a month ago?!? I don’t even think this is possible…seriously – you have nothing to worry about in the baby weight department! I’m a year out and still don’t look that good! (granted 5 months preg, but still didn’t look that good before I got KO’ed again!) Good job Mama!
Katie@LifesNextBigStep recently posted…Fitness Friday – Weekly Workout Round-Up #7My Profile

Kim September 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Ha, thanks–but don’t worry, it’s no accident that those pics are cropped at the waist. :) There are definitely an extra 20 pounds on those hips!

KO’ed LOL…I like that even better than KU’ed, totally appropriate for pregnancy! :)

Meg September 17, 2014 at 11:28 am

I’m a big fan of Jess Lively and the Lively show. She posts her podcasts on her blog, but you can also find them archived on Sticher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-lively-show).

Meg
@MissMegasaurus

Kim September 17, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Ooh thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out!!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 17, 2014 at 11:20 am

One of these days I just need to take the plunge and subscribe to the PopSugar box. I love the stuff that you’ve gotten. And as I said on Instagram, that scarf is totally me! I’m kind of a scarfaholic! Ha!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Weeks 31-32 – A Few Bumps in the RoadMy Profile

Kim September 17, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I’m a wannabe scarfaholic, but then I always get stressed out about tying/wearing them properly, haha.