High intensity workout playlist

by Kim on August 5, 2014

Hey guys! Thanks for the well wishes yesterday!

I’m feeling miraculously cured today, and I still have no idea what that 3-day hiccup was all about. I headed into the doctor just to check on things, and my blood pressure was fine (high for me, since it’s been in the 90/60 or lower range this whole pregnancy, but still technically low) and baby’s heart rate looked a-ok.

I’m guessing I was low in some nutrient, but the nurse didn’t have any advice about which one or what I could do about it. On Holly’s advice, I stopped to grab some coconut water on the way home for an electrolyte boost.

20140804_162009

I’m not a big fan of plain ol’ coconut water, but the peach & mango flavored stuff is AWESOME.

I also stumbled across that little mocha gem—how long have those existed??? It was a mix of espresso, coconut water, and milk, and tasted like pure heaven (I couldn’t even taste the coconut).

Then, in case I was having an iron problem, I also made meatloaf for dinner. Something about the concept of “meatloaf” always kind of grosses me out (like, no one’s hiding the fact that this is literally a block of meat), but it does taste darn good.

Between those two tweaks, and a good night’s sleep, something seems to have worked, and I’m back to 99% functionality today. (You just can’t hope for 100 at 9 months preggo.)

Plus, a wonderful person at the grocery store gave me the best compliment you can give a pregnant chick this morning: when I told her I had less than three weeks to go, she said she wouldn’t have guessed I was any more than 6 months. *MEEELT*

Anyway! As promised, I’m here to share my group exercise playlist. I’ve been using bits and pieces of this for my prenatal class all summer, and I can attest to the fact that it makes you want to MOVE.

high intensity playlist

Here’s my suggestion: next time you really want to work out but also REALLY REALLY DON’T want to, pop a few of these songs on and see what it does to your energy and motivation levels.

I do this all the time and it actually surprises me how effective it is!

Manian – Welcome to the Club

Nikki Williams – Glowing

Edward Maya Feat. Vika Jigulina – Stereo Love (Radio Edit)

Hey Monday – Run Don’t Walk

Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love

Bingo Players – Cry Just a Little

DJ Snake & Lil Jon – Turn Down For What

Cobra Starship – You Make Me Feel

Calvin Harris – Summer

Pitbull – Don’t Stop the Party

Skrillex – Cinema

Ellie Goulding – Lights (Single Version Remix)

Sia – Chandelier

Coldplay ft. Rihanna – Princess Of China

P.S. I put the “slower” songs at the end as a sort of cool down, but they’re still pretty solid beats, so you might want to pad this with some even slower tunes at the end.

Do you like coconut water? Have you tried the flavored ones? (And if so, favorites??)

What’s your current top workout playlist song?

Have a great Tuesday!

Giselle August 5, 2014 at 11:33 pm

I’m so glad you’re feeling better! I’m super picky about my coconut waters. I really like Naked but Zico is good too. Zolla is good but a little sweet for my liking.
Love the playlist! I’ve been needing to revamp my music especially since I just found out I’m running the Nike Women’s Half Marathon!
Giselle recently posted…Paleo Friendly Finds at CostcoMy Profile

Angie @ Pint of Goals August 5, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I love coconut water! But I know it’s an acquired taste – my husband thinks it tastes like feet.
Thanks for sharing your playlist. I need to update my iPod before we pack up our computer for X months.
Angie @ Pint of Goals recently posted…I Whine for a Bit and Then List Ten Happies (not a real word)My Profile

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Yay! I’m glad you’re feeling better! The coconut water really helped me, so maybe it was just you needed too along with some extra iron. I haven’t tried the flavored ones yet, but I’m definitely intrigued by the mocha one. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for that one! It sounds delicious!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Week 26 – Third TrimesterMy Profile

Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West August 5, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Yes, I love coconut water. I found Vita Coco Cafe a couple of years ago actually and have always brought it with me during fitness training weekends, as a mid-day pick-me-up. I love the taste, and because I don’t drink coffee, that one shot of espresso really gives me a jolt.
Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Les Mills BODYPUMP 90 group fitness reviewMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I can’t believe that’s been around for so long without me finding it!! Great idea to bring it to trainings!

Katie @ running4cupcakes August 5, 2014 at 12:48 pm

OMG awesome playlists – lots of my favorites on there. That espresso, coconut water = ummm yum! And glad you are feeling better!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…But I can’t give up my coffee.. .My Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Katie! :)

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate August 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I like adding plain coconut water to smoothies, but can’t drink the stuff by itself! And I agree with meatloaf…I actually still can’t get myself to eat it, but I can eat meatloaf muffins…who knows. Thanks for the tunes!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…August Goals: Wedding EditionMy Profile

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 5, 2014 at 12:20 pm

SO glad to hear you’re feeling better!! Maybe baby just had a little growth spurt so that extra sleep + nutrients were needed!

Loving the workout playlist. Totally pinning it and using it for my boot camp class! Thanks!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…Rodan + Fields Giveaway!My Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm

It honestly never occurred to me that it could be a growth spurt! :) I’ve only ever thought of those in terms of ex-utero babies. :) Glad you like the playlist!!

Kelly August 5, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I’m a big fan of the Vita Coco Pineapple Coconut water and also the Vita Coco Lemonade. You can still taste a little coconut in the pineapple, but you can’t taste it at all (I don’t think) in the Lemonade.

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Good to know! I didn’t see lemonade where I was (a random gas station–haha) but I’ll probably grab that next time! Thanks for the tip. :)