I mustache you some questions

by Kim on November 13, 2014

Hey guys!

So it’s Day 4 of the sugar detox, and it’s actually going shockingly well. Like, I only dreamt about Oreos one time (why Oreos?? I haven’t had them in like a year), and I even resisted the two tiny leftover bites of chicken nuggets on Mason’s plate (if that sounds gross—trust me, it’s not).

I think a big reason for the success is that I’ve had a cold all week (thanks, kids), so my appetite has been way down. I’m pretty sure I’d be over it by now, too—or possibly wouldn’t even have gotten it—if I were getting decent sleep. 2+ months of interrupted night sleep is started to reeaally wear on me…when do these babies sleep through the night again??

20141111_154719

Don’t give me the perplexed face. You know exactly what I’m talking about.

Anyway, last night I panicked a little because I woke up at 4 AM feeling SUPER nauseous. I’ve read about people having some crazy sugar withdrawal symptoms, and since I’ve been sick, it’s hard to tell what’s sickness-related vs. sugar-related. (Another reason the cold has helped: I just blame everything on the cold and assume the sugar thing isn’t bothering me at all.) I’ve also read about carb flu, which I thought could be a possibility since I’m kind of naturally eating a lower carb diet, but the symptoms weren’t quite right.

In the end, I decided it was probably from all the herbal tea I’d been drinking all day. Oops. I always forget to take that stuff seriously.

So moving on! There’s this fun little survey circulating the blog world right now, and since Giselle nominated me, I thought it’d be fun to give it a shot.

Hope it doesn’t bore you to tears!

mustache-1024x1024

Four names that people call me, other than my real name:

Mom-Mom (haha—for some reason Mason doesn’t really say Mom or Mama, it’s always Mom-Mom)

Kimbo (short for Kimbo Slice of course—note the uncanny physical resemblance)

Gibbler (a few of my college roommates called me this. I didn’t care, but seriously, of ALL the Full House characters to be named after…)

Ma’am (teenaged grocery store employees. I hate it. I’m WAY too young for that.)

Four jobs I have had:

Technical writer

Digital marketing writer

Waitress/bartender

Waterpark lifeguard (best job ever!)

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:

Blue Crush (incredibly random surfing movie I’m obsessed with)

The Holiday (my favorite holiday movie)

Titanic (duh)

A Christmas Story (every year, 24 hours straight, sign me up!)

Four books I’d recommend:

Firefly Lane

Push (by Chalene Johnson)

My Sister’s Keeper

Eat, Pray, Love

Four places I have lived:

Raleigh, NC

Rochester, MN

Miami, FL

Madison, WI

Four places I have been:

Oaxaca, Mexico (study abroad!)

Cabo San Lucas

Riviera Maya, Mexico (our honeymoon spot)

Hawaii

(umm 3 of those are Mexico and the other is in the US…I need to travel more…)

Four places I’d rather be right now:

A beach. Any beach. Anywhere.

The top of a mountain (not too high, of course—I hate the cold—just something with an outrageous view)

Europe (dying to go)

My bed (so. darn. tired.)

Four things I don’t eat:

Gummy candies (yuck)

Jell-O (yuck)

Raw celery (unless it’s in something)

Rubber (it didn’t specify food, and I’m a dork)

Four of my favorite foods:

Well-prepared salmon (like, what I can’t do)

Sushi

Chocolate

Cheese

Four TV shows that I watch:

Parenthood

Walking Dead

The Voice

House of Cards

Four things I am looking forward to this year:

Christmas

Family vacation (fingers crossed)

Next summer! (how sad…)

Teaching group exercise

Four things I’m always saying:

Gentle please! (to Mason, when he’s “playing with”/punching Josh)

Can you be patient? (again to Mason—not sure why I ask. Pretty sure I know the answer.)

So this blogger I follow… (to the husband—maybe I talk about YOU! haha)

So yeah (lazy way to wrap up a thought)

Four people I tag:

Char

Katie

Presley

Katie

Hope you’re having a great day!

Pick a prompt and answer in the comments!

I legitimately love learning random things about bloggers/readers.

xo

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples November 14, 2014 at 11:57 am

omg i used to KILL those christmas story marathons lol one of my favorite parts of the season! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted…Indiegogo Campaign Is Live!My Profile

Kim November 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Yesss!!! :)

Katie @ running4cupcakes November 14, 2014 at 7:31 am

Such a cute post – and how did I not know that you guys lived in Rochester for a while??
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Friday Favorites: 11/14/14My Profile

Kim November 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Haha yep! I more or less grew up there. And my parents now live in Eagan. :)

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 13, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I cannot stand when people call me ma’am! It makes me feel so old!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted…My Girls Inc. Volunteer ExperienceMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Seeeriously. Although I’m sure I look straight-up middle-aged to the 16 year olds at the grocery store.

Lizzie @ The Magic Tree November 13, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Wait, I am also guilty of starting convos with, “so this blogger I follow…” Ha! Glad I’m not alone. I love this series of questions. Might just have to nominate myself :)
Lizzie @ The Magic Tree recently posted…Outfit Inspo: Knit CapeMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:11 pm

You are hereby officially nominated!!! :) It’s a fun one!

Caroline @ The Little Things Blog November 13, 2014 at 6:31 pm

These are great! I would absolutely love to be on a beach right now too! I feel like we were thrust deeply into winter, with no chance for my body to slowly adjust! ick.
Caroline @ The Little Things Blog recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

Becky @ Olives n Wine November 13, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Oh my gosh, I am always saying “so my friend, you know the blogger…” to my husband too! Most of these bloggers have no clue that I think we’re friends, LOL… but we are, at least in my imagination ;)
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Where are my sunglasses? It’s movie star time!My Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Oh I assume we’re all friends. :) Even though I’ve technically never met half of them, haha…

Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West November 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Hi Kim! Too funny, I posted this survey today too! And I like sushi and salmon as well. These types of posts are so entertaining. My husband has to hear about a lot of bloggers too! Have a great Thursday!
Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Fun facts about me and some blogging tipsMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Yay sushi and salmon!! Funny!

Giselle November 13, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Oh I LOVE the Holiday! Another one I always watch around Christmas but could watch it all year long if it was on more! I laughed out loud at the rubber comment. Actually had to do a double take. Ha! Hope you’re feeling better soon! Colds are no fun :-(
Giselle recently posted…Thursday Things…My Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I could watch it all year too, but it’s so much better if I reserve it for the holidays! :) I love when it starts showing up on TV all the time!

Kim November 13, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I love these posts – so fun to learn a little more about other bloggers.
I’m always talking about my blog friend……Sometimes now I just start talking about someone and forget that I might have to explain – I think my husband knows most of the names that I mention the most:)
Kim recently posted…Best FriendsMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Haha I’m the same way. I’m always like “how do I explain who this is?”

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate November 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm

So many things to say: 1. Bluecrush is the best!! 2. So is Firefly Lane 3. I always say,”so this one blogger I know…”4. I have mastered cooking the perfect salmon, I’ll email you! 5. Love this season of The Voice and 5. Thanks for nominating me!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Wedding Recap: The Reception Part IIMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Yes, PLEASE email me! Or post about it! :) I hate the way it makes my house smell too…have you found a way to mask that by chance? :)

I LOVE that you like Blue Crush, hahaha! I love saying it’s my favorite movie and watching people’s reactions. We should have a viewing party in the dead of winter, crank up the heat and drink fruity drinks. :)