I mustache you some questions

by Kim on November 13, 2014

Hey guys!

So it’s Day 4 of the sugar detox, and it’s actually going shockingly well. Like, I only dreamt about Oreos one time (why Oreos?? I haven’t had them in like a year), and I even resisted the two tiny leftover bites of chicken nuggets on Mason’s plate (if that sounds gross—trust me, it’s not).

I think a big reason for the success is that I’ve had a cold all week (thanks, kids), so my appetite has been way down. I’m pretty sure I’d be over it by now, too—or possibly wouldn’t even have gotten it—if I were getting decent sleep. 2+ months of interrupted night sleep is started to reeaally wear on me…when do these babies sleep through the night again??

Don’t give me the perplexed face. You know exactly what I’m talking about.

Anyway, last night I panicked a little because I woke up at 4 AM feeling SUPER nauseous. I’ve read about people having some crazy sugar withdrawal symptoms, and since I’ve been sick, it’s hard to tell what’s sickness-related vs. sugar-related. (Another reason the cold has helped: I just blame everything on the cold and assume the sugar thing isn’t bothering me at all.) I’ve also read about carb flu, which I thought could be a possibility since I’m kind of naturally eating a lower carb diet, but the symptoms weren’t quite right.

In the end, I decided it was probably from all the herbal tea I’d been drinking all day. Oops. I always forget to take that stuff seriously.

So moving on! There’s this fun little survey circulating the blog world right now, and since Giselle nominated me, I thought it’d be fun to give it a shot.

Hope it doesn’t bore you to tears!

Four names that people call me, other than my real name:

Mom-Mom (haha—for some reason Mason doesn’t really say Mom or Mama, it’s always Mom-Mom)

Kimbo (short for Kimbo Slice of course—note the uncanny physical resemblance)

Gibbler (a few of my college roommates called me this. I didn’t care, but seriously, of ALL the Full House characters to be named after…)

Ma’am (teenaged grocery store employees. I hate it. I’m WAY too young for that.)

Four jobs I have had:

Technical writer

Digital marketing writer

Waterpark lifeguard (best job ever!)

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:

Blue Crush (incredibly random surfing movie I’m obsessed with)

The Holiday (my favorite holiday movie)

Titanic (duh)

A Christmas Story (every year, 24 hours straight, sign me up!)

Four books I’d recommend:

Firefly Lane

Push (by Chalene Johnson)

My Sister’s Keeper

Eat, Pray, Love

Four places I have lived:

Raleigh, NC

Rochester, MN

Miami, FL

Madison, WI

Four places I have been:

Oaxaca, Mexico (study abroad!)

Cabo San Lucas

Riviera Maya, Mexico (our honeymoon spot)

(umm 3 of those are Mexico and the other is in the US…I need to travel more…)

Four places I’d rather be right now:

A beach. Any beach. Anywhere.

The top of a mountain (not too high, of course—I hate the cold—just something with an outrageous view)

Europe (dying to go)

My bed (so. darn. tired.)

Four things I don’t eat:

Gummy candies (yuck)

Jell-O (yuck)

Raw celery (unless it’s in something)

Rubber (it didn’t specify food, and I’m a dork)

Four of my favorite foods:

Well-prepared salmon (like, what I can’t do)

Four TV shows that I watch:

Walking Dead

The Voice

House of Cards

Four things I am looking forward to this year:

Family vacation (fingers crossed)

Next summer! (how sad…)

Teaching group exercise

Four things I’m always saying:

Gentle please! (to Mason, when he’s “playing with”/punching Josh)

Can you be patient? (again to Mason—not sure why I ask. Pretty sure I know the answer.)

So this blogger I follow… (to the husband—maybe I talk about YOU! haha)

So yeah (lazy way to wrap up a thought)

Four people I tag:

Hope you’re having a great day!

Pick a prompt and answer in the comments!

I legitimately love learning random things about bloggers/readers.

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples November 14, 2014 at 11:57 am

omg i used to KILL those christmas story marathons lol one of my favorite parts of the season! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted…Indiegogo Campaign Is Live!My Profile

Kim November 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Yesss!!! :)

Katie @ running4cupcakes November 14, 2014 at 7:31 am

Such a cute post – and how did I not know that you guys lived in Rochester for a while??
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Friday Favorites: 11/14/14My Profile

Kim November 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Haha yep! I more or less grew up there. And my parents now live in Eagan. :)

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 13, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I cannot stand when people call me ma’am! It makes me feel so old!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted…My Girls Inc. Volunteer ExperienceMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Seeeriously. Although I’m sure I look straight-up middle-aged to the 16 year olds at the grocery store.

Lizzie @ The Magic Tree November 13, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Wait, I am also guilty of starting convos with, “so this blogger I follow…” Ha! Glad I’m not alone. I love this series of questions. Might just have to nominate myself :)
Lizzie @ The Magic Tree recently posted…Outfit Inspo: Knit CapeMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:11 pm

You are hereby officially nominated!!! :) It’s a fun one!

Caroline @ The Little Things Blog November 13, 2014 at 6:31 pm

These are great! I would absolutely love to be on a beach right now too! I feel like we were thrust deeply into winter, with no chance for my body to slowly adjust! ick.
Caroline @ The Little Things Blog recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

Becky @ Olives n Wine November 13, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Oh my gosh, I am always saying “so my friend, you know the blogger…” to my husband too! Most of these bloggers have no clue that I think we’re friends, LOL… but we are, at least in my imagination ;)
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Where are my sunglasses? It’s movie star time!My Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Oh I assume we’re all friends. :) Even though I’ve technically never met half of them, haha…

Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West November 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Hi Kim! Too funny, I posted this survey today too! And I like sushi and salmon as well. These types of posts are so entertaining. My husband has to hear about a lot of bloggers too! Have a great Thursday!
Ashley Pitt @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Fun facts about me and some blogging tipsMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Yay sushi and salmon!! Funny!

Giselle November 13, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Oh I LOVE the Holiday! Another one I always watch around Christmas but could watch it all year long if it was on more! I laughed out loud at the rubber comment. Actually had to do a double take. Ha! Hope you’re feeling better soon! Colds are no fun :-(
Giselle recently posted…Thursday Things…My Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I could watch it all year too, but it’s so much better if I reserve it for the holidays! :) I love when it starts showing up on TV all the time!

Kim November 13, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I love these posts – so fun to learn a little more about other bloggers.
I’m always talking about my blog friend……Sometimes now I just start talking about someone and forget that I might have to explain – I think my husband knows most of the names that I mention the most:)
Kim recently posted…Best FriendsMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Haha I’m the same way. I’m always like “how do I explain who this is?”

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate November 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm

So many things to say: 1. Bluecrush is the best!! 2. So is Firefly Lane 3. I always say,”so this one blogger I know…”4. I have mastered cooking the perfect salmon, I’ll email you! 5. Love this season of The Voice and 5. Thanks for nominating me!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Wedding Recap: The Reception Part IIMy Profile

Kim November 13, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Yes, PLEASE email me! Or post about it! :) I hate the way it makes my house smell too…have you found a way to mask that by chance? :)

I LOVE that you like Blue Crush, hahaha! I love saying it’s my favorite movie and watching people’s reactions. We should have a viewing party in the dead of winter, crank up the heat and drink fruity drinks. :)