My squat buddy + weekend reads

by Kim on January 4, 2014

I ate so much food last night, guys. It was the first time, in a long long time, I actually ate myself sick.

Not super proud of that, but there it is.

I made it through the WHOLE holiday season stomachache and gluttonous-guilt-free, and then we went out to dinner at El Dorado (think gourmet Mexican food seasoned with crack) and I was unstoppable.

el dorado

(Image nabbed from their website because some irresponsible blogger didn’t take any pictures.)

First, we got the goat cheese empanadas, which were like little puffy goat cheese miracles. Then, I had the fish tacos—and I’ve been known to offer up my first born for a good plate of fish tacos.

And somehow, for reasons I will never be able to explain, Brent ordered a pork burrito that was even better than my tacos.

Reason for the night out: Brent’s 30th birthday (happy birthday babe!). We met up with some friends for dinner, followed by a movie (#partyanimals). We saw American Hustle and I thought it was ok…pretty slow, but ok. (Case in point: one of our friends slept through the entire second half. Ha!) Also—and I’ll probably get my house egged for this—but I thought Jennifer Lawrence was kind of horrible. Sorry.

This morning, I tried to sweat out my overindulgence sorrows. Luckily, I had a workout buddy. Turns out Mase does a mean squat!

(Please disregard my super attractive black socks. And horrible squats. Actually—just watch the kid.)

The rest of the day will be devoted to birthday treats (Brent’s hinting at pizza) and family hang time.

Since I clearly don’t have much to say, maybe I should point you to some other people who do.

You might even call these…WEEKEND READS.

weekend reads

Health trends we’d be happy to see go in 2014 (and an equally awesome post by Miss Zippy on the same topic)

Fitness trends for 2014

How to make a successful New Year’s resolution

Fighting fat talk together

Intuitive eating: a blessing or a curse?

New to exercise? Make workouts daily

What if every day were New Year’s Day?

And an announcement: the lovely hosts of the Healthy Living Summit (Heather and Julie) just launched their very own podcast, called Best Life Podcast. Check it out!

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

signature

Julie January 9, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Thank you so much for the podcast link love! xoxo
Julie recently posted…Vegan Quinoa Corn ChowderMy Profile

Alex @ Alex Runs For Food January 6, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Oh man!!! I really love Mexican food. I totally understand why you over indulged!! And fish tacos! If I had a first born I’d trade it for fish tacos also :) nom nom nom
Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…SisterhoodMy Profile

Heather January 6, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Awwww. Thanks for sharing the link to the first episode of the podcast, K!! We appreciate your support so much :D

Ali January 6, 2014 at 9:59 am

Mase doing squats with you is so cute! How fun to have a workout buddy.
Ali recently posted…Ways To Fight Boredom For Stay-At-Home-MomsMy Profile

Katie @ running4cupcakes January 6, 2014 at 9:44 am

I love your squat buddy!! So cute. :)

Carrie January 5, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Cutest workout buddy yet! My littlest one like to plank with me. They are just too funny!
Carrie recently posted…Snowy Cold Weekend, Meal Planning and More!My Profile

Kim @ Racing Bananas January 5, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Fun weekend! El Dorado is the best – I could eat there all the time!
Kim @ Racing Bananas recently posted…Sunday Social – Looking at 2014My Profile

char eats greens January 5, 2014 at 7:17 am

I think I overate for Christmas dinner. It was just so hard to stop. And that Mexican place sounds legit good. I think I could eat Mexican every. single. day. Pile on the guac. It’d be ok to brush your teeth with it, right?
char eats greens recently posted…welcoming 2014My Profile

Kim January 5, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Pretty sure, yes. :)

I seriously put my fork down and announced I was done about 3-4 different times. Then realized I was somehow still eating. :)

misszippy January 5, 2014 at 7:03 am

Thanks so much for the shout out! And my mouth is watering over the thought of goat cheese empanadas! Wow.
misszippy recently posted…Three trends I’d like to see end in 2014My Profile

Kim January 5, 2014 at 7:53 pm

You’re very welcome! Yeah, the empanadas were INSANE!

Brooke@SweetnSweaty.com January 4, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Loving your squatting cutie!!! Mexican food has always been my weakness, so I totally understand….. And now I’m hungry for it!
Brooke@SweetnSweaty.com recently posted…Clif Shot Bloks Really Work and Purple Peanut ButterMy Profile

Kim January 5, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Haha, sorry!!

Becky @ Olives n Wine January 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Thanks for the link love :) And… now you have me craving Mexican! Seriously the best food group ever!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…10 Things I Love About SpoonsMy Profile

Kim January 5, 2014 at 7:53 pm

You’re welcome! And agreed!