My total body transformation plan 2014

by Kim on March 7, 2014

There’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you guys about for awhile now.

A few months ago, I committed to making some pretty dramatic changes to my body. I’ve been quiet about it because I wanted to make sure it was really going to happen, but if everything continues to go well, my figure will be totally unrecognizable by the end of this summer!

I’m excited to share updates and pictures of my progress in the coming months, but for now, I just wanted to share some of the basics of my body transformation strategy.

THE PLAN:

–Focus on eating real, nutrient-rich foods.

–Work out regularly, but with slightly less intensity.

–Stop drinking alcohol.

–Manage stress through things like yoga and positive thinking.

…and possibly the biggest goal of all:

Gain at least 25 pounds.

I’m about 5 pounds up since I started all of this 16 weeks ago–think I’m on the right track so far!

pic2(Awkward dressing room/bathroom selfies–forgive me.)

Haha–yep! Baby #2 is officially on the way! I’m due August 23.

Here’s our Facebook announcement, featuring the big-bro-to-be:

big bro

So excited for our next adventure as a family of FOUR!

More details coming next week. :)

K

Em @ Love A Latte May 1, 2014 at 9:18 am

Just found your blog through Char Eats Greens and I’m so excited to follow your pregnancy journey. We are close to the same point – I’m due August 12th! :)
Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…20 Things I’ve Learned During Pregnancy (so far!)My Profile

Kim May 1, 2014 at 11:58 am

Congratulations!! Glad you found me! Heading over to your blog now. :)

Kim May 1, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Hey Em–I just tried to comment on your blog and I’m not sure if it saved?? Anyway, just wanted to say that I loved your list of pregnancy reflections! Esp. #1. :) Hope you’re enjoying your pregnancy so far!

char eats greens March 12, 2014 at 6:59 am

Congratulations!!!!! So excited!! And buy ‘eat nutrient-rich foods’ that means donuts, right? The bump is seriously so cute. Can’t wait to hear more about it!
char eats greens recently posted…online shoppers anonymousMy Profile

Kim March 12, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hahaha–some donuts have fruit in them, right?

Thanks friend!

Emily @ More Than Just Dessert March 10, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Congrats Kim!! That is so exciting!
Emily @ More Than Just Dessert recently posted…three months + a tennis reunionMy Profile

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut March 10, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Late to the party but congrats!!
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted…Confessions 3-10-14My Profile

Jenny March 10, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Love the creative announcement :) You are such an adorable (and beautiful!) woman with your little bump. Congrats again!!

Katie @ running4cupcakes March 10, 2014 at 8:26 am

ahhhh congratulations!!! And cutest post idea ever. :)

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome March 9, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Congratulations!!! I truly am so happy for you! You look amazing!!!
Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…Things I’m Loving Lately #3My Profile

Rachel@curious runner girl March 9, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Awesome news! Very cool! And super sneaky and fun announcements :)
Rachel@curious runner girl recently posted…It’s Officially Official…My Profile

Carrie March 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm

You had me for a second there!! Congrats to you! Hope you are feeling well. ( :
Carrie recently posted…How do you know?My Profile

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples March 8, 2014 at 8:05 am

Congratulations!! Such an adorable reveal too hehe :) Excited for you!!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted…Mad Men and MedicationMy Profile

Kristin @ A Mom on the Run March 7, 2014 at 7:06 pm

So exciting!!! Congratulations!!
Kristin @ A Mom on the Run recently posted…Worn Out, What I’m Up To, GiveawayMy Profile

lindsey March 7, 2014 at 6:40 pm

YAY!!! How exciting!! Congrats to you and Brent! (and big bro Mason!) I’m going to virtually follow along with you as I am due on Aug 30th!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity March 7, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Congrats!!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Blogging Report CardMy Profile

Tawny March 7, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Congratulations!! So excited for you! I am 20 weeks pregnant right now too!
Tawny recently posted…Pregnancy Brain 101My Profile

Ali March 7, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Congrats!! That’s awesome:)
Ali recently posted…Top Five Friday FavoritesMy Profile

Kim March 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Congratulations!!! So very exciting and glad that things are going well so far!
Kim recently posted…My New Happy HourMy Profile

Claire March 7, 2014 at 2:09 pm

you’re looking great, kim!!! congrats again…cute announcement! :)

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine March 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Congratulations Kim! So exciting :) XOXO
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 3/7/14My Profile

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat March 7, 2014 at 1:14 pm

YAY…congratulations Kim!!! I’m SO excited for you!!!! Can’t wait to hear more!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Easy Broccoli and Sausage Crustless QuicheMy Profile

Kelly March 7, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Congratulations!!!!

ErikaMC March 7, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Congratulations! Love babies :) Mine was due August 23rd too – he came a week early on the 16th. Hope you are feeling well and I look forward to more details!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Congratulations! I’m excited for you!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted…My 2nd Dirty Girl Mud RunMy Profile

Caroline @ Fighting For Wellness March 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Caroline @ Fighting For Wellness recently posted…Oh The Irony {and Never Say Never}My Profile

Jade March 7, 2014 at 12:29 pm

That was the best announcing way ever!! I may just have to steal that when we finally announce our bundle of joy which will be due a few weeks after you.

CONGRATS!!!
Jade recently posted…Cataclysm – As that is a fancy wordMy Profile

Katie March 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Yay!!! I was confused at first and scrolled to the top to see if I missed the announcement, sneaky to put it in the middle! Congratulations!! I’m going to guess this means no HLS this year :(
Katie recently posted…Ironman March: Preparation TrainingMy Profile

Alex @ Alex Runs For Food March 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm

OMG I’m so excited for you!!!!!!!! Ive been wondering when baby number two was coming :) I can’t wait to hear all about this journey!
Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…Treat Yourself Tuesday #7My Profile

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm

YAY!!!! I’m so incredibly excited for you and your family! I know it’s been a struggle the last several months, so this makes me so happy to hear. Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear more of the details!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…Hunter: 11 MonthsMy Profile