Pie, more big news, and my favorite emails

by Kim on March 14, 2014

Yeah Friday!!

I’m so excited for another low-key weekend–especially now that we’re finally into semi-reasonable spring temps. All the sad yellow grass and piles of dirty leftover snow are kind of depressing, but I’ll take what I can get. Maybe I’ll even do something crazy like go for a run outside??

Not only is today Friday, but it’s also PI DAY, which means this happened at work:

pie

I’ve been oh-so-responsibly waiting until after lunch to go near them–sort of hoping that they’ll be gone by then. I mean, given that I have a Cadbury egg in my purse and Girl Scout cookies waiting at home, is it really necessary?

(You’re right–Pi Day only comes once a year. What am I doing??)

Oh, here’s a little bit of exciting news: I officially bought a NEW DOMAIN NAME for this blog (!!), and a new site design is underway. It’s going to be a big, scary change for me, but I think I’m moving toward something that better jives with what I’m all about.

Stay tuned for the big name and makeover reveal in a few weeks!!

This is kind of a random topic, but I just realized today how much I love some of the regular emails I get. You know, like the article/product round-ups and the daily doses of whatever. Even when I know I’m getting sold to, I still love them.

Joss & Main’s emails, for example, are pure home decor eye candy.

J&M

Everything on there deserves to be pinned. It’s overwhelming. Luckily, I’m ok with looking and not touching (aka buying).

Another one I love is PopSugar’s Fitness newsletter.

Popsugar

I seriously end up clicking every single link.

Role Reboot is, according to their website, a contemporary culture magazine about living “off script”.

role reboot

They tend to be a little bolder in their topics, with articles like The Best Decision I Ever Made: Not Having Kids and Why I Have to Stop Gloating When Skinny Girls Can’t Do Yoga. Unusual, interesting perspectives, which I love.

But back to shopping!

I like to have Shopstyle track certain clothing items for me and give me the heads up when they’re on sale.

Sale alert

I’ve had trackers out on cardigans from Express and Gap for about a year now, haha. Seems like I’m constantly in the cardi market–why??

Huff Post–I could lose DAYS of my life browsing their site because everything they publish is so interesting, but I subscribe to the Healthy Living newsletter and it’s awesome.

Huff Post

I mean, what ARE the 10 things I should stop telling myself??

I fell in love with The Happiness Project a long time ago (still need to read the sequel!) and I’ve been getting Gretchen Rubin‘s emails ever since. She always gives me something to think about, whether it’s a quote from someone else or an observation she’s made on her blog.

Happiness Project

I eat this stuff up.

P.S. I know I’m basically promoting these brands, but I promise I’m not getting compensation or anything for it, nor was I asked to write about them. I just legitimately like their stuff. LOVE FEST! (Sorry–that’s my weird Friday personality talking.)

What emails do you subscribe to, if any?

Seriously, please tell me, because I’ll probably go sign up too. I don’t have nearly enough time-suckers in my life yet!

Do you like Cadbury Eggs?

It seems like one of those strong love/hate things. I’m on Team Love.

What’s your favorite kind of pie?

I think we have key lime and banana at work, but I’m more of a chocolate girl. Or apple a la mode, which I’ve been craving like crazy lately for some reason!

Have a great weekend!

K

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples March 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm

My brother told me about Pi day and it was the first time I heard of it! I’m gonna have to tell him about your post lol can’t wait to see the new website design! :) I’m always playing around/trying to change mine – so I totally get all the craziness that goes into it!! It’ll be worth it though! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted…Mad Men and MedicationMy Profile

Alex @ Alex Runs For Food March 15, 2014 at 2:37 am

YAY for Pi Day!!! I surprisingly didn’t have any pie today…. but I LOVE LOVE LOVE french silk pie :)
I love the idea of email newsletters…. I subscribe to some but honestly never find the time to actually read them :(
I can’t wait to hear what your new name is!!!! I don’t know if I can wait a few weeks….. I’ve been contemplating changing my blogs name…. just haven’t come up with a good one yet. I’m not very creative when it comes to blog names.
Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…Weekend Happenings 3/10/14My Profile

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate March 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Huff Post? Awesome. Cadburry Eggs? Awesome. And I can’t believe I dropped the ball on PI day…would have totally made one and brought it into work, dang it!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Vegas Eats + Fitness FridayMy Profile

emma @ be mom strong March 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I have nOT had pie today… And it’s 6PM and I’m in my pj’s already. Maybe I can convince the hubs to make a pregnancy pity run somewhere?!

I don’t get emails… I just hate being on lists, but I’m prob missing some good stuff. Or else I’m protecting my wallet!
emma @ be mom strong recently posted…NYC Half and ProCompression Giveaway!My Profile

Kim March 14, 2014 at 3:57 pm

So exciting that you have a new design and name coming up – can’t wait to see it!!
I’m not a huge pie fan – I do like key lime on a hot summer day occasionally.
We are having pizza tonight in honor of PI day!!
Kim recently posted…Things That Make You Go Hmmm…..My Profile

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine March 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Role Reboot looks so interesting! I just subscribed, haha! And the Huff Post is amazing! I love their healthy living section too!
Cadbury Eggs were always my favorite Easter candy as a kid! They were always best frozen in the freezer too!
P.S. Can’t wait to see the new blog ;)
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 3/14/14My Profile

Katie @ running4cupcakes March 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Oh my, I can’t wait to see the big reveal- so exciting. My favorite pie is french silk – yum!

Emily @ More Than Just Dessert March 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Oooooh, that shopstyle email sounds like something that could come in handy! I am constantly checking the Ann Taylor Loft website to see when certain dresses, pants, or the whole entire store goes on sale :)
Emily @ More Than Just Dessert recently posted…My first week at KosamaMy Profile

Amanda March 14, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Happy Pi Day!! I’ve got a raspberry pie waiting in the fridge at home for the Pi party we’re going to tonight. My favorite pie is definitely strawberry…with a nice dollop of Cool-whip on top!