Prenatal yoga flow + world’s most beautiful yoga mat

by Kim on July 9, 2015

Be honest:

Have you ever seen a yoga mat prettier than this one?

20150624_172806

I thought it was kinda bold of Yoga Design Lab to call themselves the makers of the world’s most beautiful yoga mat, but then they sent me this, and I was like: OH.

I mean…right??

20150624_172900

I want to hang it on my wall, not drip nasty sweat all over it.

I have a Lululemon mat that I’m crazy about (it makes me look like I can actually DO yoga, vs. constantly slipping and falling on my face), but this beauty is a COMBO mat: mat + towel IN ONE.

I used to be a hot yoga regular, and I’d always watch people roll out their mats AND put a towel on top, and I’d think: ugh! So much work! Why?!

Well, because sweat. Duh.

And now, there is a solution for lazy people like me: BEHOLD.

This is one of those mats that gets even grippier the wetter it gets. So if you slip, it’s probably because you aren’t working hard enough. (haha)

OH YEAH: and it’s machine washable. Are you kidding me?!?!

20150624_172756

It’s also child approved. He loves my “carpets.”

20150624_172726

I might have to up my hot yoga game again! Thanks YDL!!

(Disclaimer: Yoga Design Lab sent me this mat for free, but I received no other compensation and was not coached on what to say. I’m truly so impressed with their work!)

Speaking of yoga…let’s talk prenatal yoga for a sec.

Everyone knows yoga is great for preggos, but what’s safe?? And what if you don’t have a gazillion dollars to join a yoga studio for the duration of your pregnancy??

There are some other great options (online videos, DVDs), but what if you want to listen to your own music, or just be in complete silence? What if you want to run through a quick flow in the morning or before bed, without having to turn on a screen?

That’s why we have written stuff. This one includes very basic, pregnancy-safe moves, organized in a logical flow, and it even comes with pictures and tips, so you can’t go wrong. Great for non-preggos too, of course. :)

Enjoy…

Soothing Prenatal Yoga Flow

Karthik June 30, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Such a colorful yoga mat! I love the idea that it gets grippier, the wetter it gets. I wonder how that works material-wise…hmmm :?

Gonna have to get one for my next yoga session!
Karthik recently posted…Southern Blot Scientific Method Theory and GuideMy Profile

Rosey Rebecca February 11, 2016 at 4:11 pm

OK- I definitely need this mat. Forget the fact that I just got a new one like two minutes ago. It gets grippier the sweatier you get? And MACHINE WASHABLE!? I guess I’m just going to have three yoga mats now.
Rosey Rebecca recently posted…February ThingsMy Profile

Brandon January 3, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Yes! such a beautiful mat. I really liked it for hot and sweaty yoga, but I didn’t think it was quite sticky enough for “non sweaty” yoga.
Brandon recently posted…Yoga Design Lab combo mat: ReviewMy Profile

ErikaMC October 13, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Are you ever going to blog again? It’s okay if not – just wondering. Hope all is well!

Kim October 18, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Hey Erika!! Unfortunately this blog has more or less run its course – but it was fun while it lasted! I’m actually on to a new venture now…starting a new website within the next few months and launching a local health/fitness community. I do plan to eventually do a wrap up/farewell post here, once I have the new site to redirect people to if they’re interested in following me (I will be blogging there too, it’ll just be less about my personal life and more about health/fitness topics I’m interested in). Thanks for reading!! Hope all’s well with you too! :)

Krystal August 24, 2015 at 5:23 am

Thank you so much for this yoga flow it’s exactly what I’ve been searching for!

Kim September 25, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Yay!! :)

Kylie August 5, 2015 at 8:27 pm

This mat is great for any hot yoga especially with the built in towel. I love it!

Jen@Jpabstfitness July 13, 2015 at 2:32 pm

oooooo, that mat is gorgeous!
Jen@Jpabstfitness recently posted…15 Month Check UpMy Profile

Giselle July 12, 2015 at 7:43 pm

I got the same yoga mat and I LOVE it! I’m obsessed with the fact that it has the sweat towel built in and is machine washable. Bonus! Not to mention super cute!
Giselle recently posted…My Juice Detox ExperienceMy Profile

Kristin @ A Mom on the Run July 10, 2015 at 9:01 am

Ohh what a gorgeous mat!!! I love it!
Kristin @ A Mom on the Run recently posted…2015 Memorial Day WeekendMy Profile

Char @ Nutritiously Fit July 10, 2015 at 7:06 am

That yoga pinnable is VERY impressive…and so is that yoga mat – you’re right! I love that it’s not just a standard one colour. I would gladly use your “carpets” also, haha!
Char @ Nutritiously Fit recently posted…Five Product Friday: A New Thing?! (vlog)My Profile

Kim July 10, 2015 at 8:11 am

Haha. Thanks Char!! Have a great weekend!