That kind of day

by Kim on June 13, 2013

Today is a textbook perfect day. 75 and sunny, barely any humidity, perfect white fluffy Simpsons clouds, soft breezes…

20130613_125639

These are the days when you think, “Huh. Life ain’t so bad.”

20130613_125130

Then, you remember you put coffee in the fridge to chill overnight for iced coffee and you think, “Huh. Life is AWESOME.”

20130613_134819

And then, you make a PBJ because you figure, well, PBJs are incredible, and you think, “I could get down on my knee and propose to life right now.”

20130613_141538

It’s that kind of day.

I couldn’t wait for Mason to wake up from his nap this morning so we could head out for our daily walk.

Look at this tough guy:

Rollin

The other moms in the neighborhood pursed their lips and ushered their toddler daughters into the house when they saw him coming.

20130613_131503

Not so tough without the hat, but he does roll in a motorcycle.

Either the employees at our local grocery store are exceptionally creative or exceptionally bored.

20130613_124131

If you can’t tell, that’s a wall of cases of pop (soda/what have you). The ones in the designs are pulled out slightly to create the 3D effect.

20130613_124139

I was so happy no one was around while I weirdly photographed this.

Check out my new blooms!

20130613_132230

The definition of a hearty plant is one that survives in my yard beyond the first season. Peonies have really proven themselves.

20130613_131623

Ok, I haven’t shared any information of actual value today, and I’ll be honest: I don’t really intend to (I mean, I showed you what it’s like outside). So allow me to redirect you to some other places you can find quality reading material.

Here are some reads I’ve enjoyed (semi) recently:

Sarah wondered whether it’s possible to accept your body and still want to change it.

Larissa explored what our “motivating” pins on Pinterest are really saying

Sympathy cards for runners—loved this

On why it’s ok to not want to go Paleo

Rachel made me feel better about wearing makeup during workouts, and shared a product that can help

If you’re thinking about trying CrossFit, check out this awesome, helpful post by Presley

Gina’s aggressive Before 30 bucket list is super motivational (slash stresses me out a little)

When was your last “life is awesome” moment?

Kristin @ A Mom on the Run June 14, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I am jealous of your gorgeous blue skies and that PB&J! I haven’t had one of those in so long, I am craving it now!
Kristin @ A Mom on the Run recently posted…Why Do I Run?My Profile

Katie @ running4cupcakes June 14, 2013 at 8:53 am

I love this post!! Because it is all the little things that make life . .. life! ;) I have had two “awesome” moments so far today. 1. Luke woke up at 5am! screaming!! Thankfully it was super awesome that he went back to bed until 7am!! My second awesome thing, was he totally got into the dogs water dish this morning, but it was awesome because there was hardly any water in it so when he tipped it over, no big deal. .. it’s the little things, especially with a toddler, right? ;)
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Friday excitementMy Profile

Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:15 am

Ohh man! Well that’s a different kind of awesome, haha, but definitely appropriate (probably even moreso than mine) in a reflection on life. :)

Mason’s been waking up too early lately too–today, he was only up for an hour before I had to put him back down. I’m like, kid, can’t you just SLEEP IN???

Presley @ Run Pretty June 13, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Thanks for mentioning lil’ ol’ me.

I freaking LOVE the caption on the picture of your walk. haha sort of unrelated, but I really wanted the onesie that said “Sippin on my cup of juice, laid back. With my mind on my mommy and my mommy on my mind.” Maybe they make a T-shirt?
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted…Beginner CrossFit Class: My ExperienceMy Profile

Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:10 am

You’re welcome!

I’d buy that T-shirt :)

Kim June 13, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Love the creativity at the grocery store – that took some time!!!! And, funny that you got a picture without anyone looking!!
Kim recently posted…Inspiring and Being InspiredMy Profile

Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:10 am

Well, I *think* I did anyway…there were probably some guys watching the security cameras and laughing at me. :)

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome June 13, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Sounds like a beautiful day! We were having one but with a fire nearby are now stuck indoors due to smoke :-( I was hoping to walk to the froyo shop too! I guess I need to get on my before 40 bucket list! Yikes! Maybe I’ll go with Nicole and shoot for before 35 :-)
Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…Coconut waterMy Profile

Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:09 am

Oh nooo! That doesn’t sound fun at all! And to block you from a froyo trip??? It’s unjust.

Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama June 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Beautiful pics of the blue skies and puffy clouds! Sounds like a wonderful day! Thanks for the links. Can’t wait to check out some new blogs. I’ve already missed the window for the ‘before 30 bucket list’ but maybe I can shoot for 35!

Kim June 14, 2013 at 9:05 am

I’m thinking about that, too, just because 30 is a little too uncomfortably close for big goals! :) Hope you enjoy the links!