The day pregnancy turned on me

by Kim on August 4, 2014

So, I think my body JUST realized I’m pregnant. I’ve been feeling generally awesome this whole pregnancy—high energy, not much discomfort, great reviews at my appointments…

Until this past weekend.

Saturday morning, Mase woke up a little earlier than usual—not even that early, but enough for me to feel a little sleep-deprived going into the day. I had enough energy to do a short home workout (with a toddler crawling under me during my inchworms, thinking we were playing a game—ha), but then…I sort of crashed. I haven’t felt so tired since the first trimester.

Saturday afternoon, we had friends over for a grill-out, so that perked me up a little. It was insanely cute watching Mason and his buddy Ryan hang out.

20140802_180515

Here’s an easy way to get toddlers to drop what they’re doing and come running: yell “PUPPY!!”

20140802_182751

Mason’s on a major music kick right now. He’ll dance to anything—commercials, mall music, baby toys…

20140802_181213

We get a huge kick out of pulling up random songs on YouTube (a current fav: Turn It Down for What) and watching him go to town.

My friend Allison brought her famous grill-out specialty: fresh berries topped with white chocolate chips and candied pecans.

20140802_181321

I die for this stuff.

And since everyone else was drinking beer, I figured I’d swap the alcohol calories I would be getting for extra food calories. That’s fair, right?

Yesterday, I was still feeling pretty crummy. I haven’t really had any trouble with overheating during this whole pregnancy (I’m lucky we’ve had a pretty cool summer), but we went to church, and it was AT LEAST 1,000 degrees in there. I spent the whole service frantically fanning myself with the program and barely paying attention.

Then, when we got home, I took a 3 hour nap.

3 hours!!

I haven’t done that since…EVER.

Today, I’m feeling some light-headedness and weakness along with the crazy fatigue, so I’m heading into the doc later to see what’s up. I don’t know what this little spell is, but I really hope I’m not stuck with three more weeks of it!

And if baby decides to make his entrance early…umm, we’re still not ready! Namely, I have zero clean clothes for him.

Luckily, this somehow followed me home from the mall this morning…

20140804_131014

I’ve been reeeaaaally picky this time about what I like enough to buy—since, obviously, I don’t really need anything new for a second boy. But I figure he deserves a few just-for-him outfits.

And I’d like to know who could resist that panda face.

Anyway, I’ll let you know what happens at the appointment! Hopefully everything’s back to normal tomorrow—I still have a bazillion things I want to do before baby!

P.S. Check out this post I’m featured in over at Fitzala today! 13 preggos share their tips on staying healthy during pregnancy. (Ironic timing, haha…)

How was your weekend?

Anyone else experienced weird spells like this during the third tri?

Fit Corner September 29, 2014 at 9:36 am

I think you’re doing good. Pregnancy is just like that – erratic. Hope your check up went well and good luck on your next baby.

Katie @ running4cupcakes August 5, 2014 at 9:25 am

Hope you are feeling better already and your appointment went well!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…But I can’t give up my coffee.. .My Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm

It was totally uneventful, as I expected. :) They were worried because it had been storming all day and “pregnant women drop like flies” when the weather gets bad, haha. Feeling much better, thanks!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 5, 2014 at 8:57 am

I hope that you feel better!!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted…25 Things You Don’t Know About MeMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Emily!

Giselle August 4, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Oh No! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Giselle recently posted…Marvelous Relaxing GetawayMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Giselle! Just a freak thing–already feeling much better!

Presley @ Run Pretty August 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Feel better!!
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted…Weekend Recap: Living It UpMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Thanks!!

Kim August 4, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I hope that everything checks out OK – I wonder if your blood pressure is just a bit off?! Hopefully you feel much better soon and your little guy hangs on for the next few weeks!
Kim recently posted…Some Tough DecisionsMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Who knows what the deal was. Anyway, better already! Thanks Kim!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Well, I certainly hope your appointment goes well! Pregnancy is definitely not easy sometimes! I’ve experienced days like this for sure, especially the lightheadedness. I talked to my friend about it as I knew experienced similar symptoms while she was pregnant too, and she told me that the doctor recommended drinking something with electrolytes – Gatorade, Pedialyte, coconut water. Interestingly enough, I went out and bought some Pedialyte and coconut water and it helped me out a lot. I think I was definitely lacking in electrolytes, but it’s good you’re going to see the doctor nonetheless. Hopefully, it’ll be an easy fix.
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…13 Tips to Stay Healthy While PregnantMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Thanks for the tip, Holly! I totally followed your advice and I think it helped!! (Why didn’t my nurse think of that? haha.)

Heidi @ Idlehide August 4, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Pregnancy is so weird sometimes! Things were going awesome for me until, I’m not kidding, the day I hit third trimester. My back got so sore I had to come off work early (not going to lie, I loved getting off early haha!)

That berry and wc chip/candied pecan salad sounds and looks amazing. What a combo!
Heidi @ Idlehide recently posted…Wknd Recap: Wedding Bells, Farmers Market and a 10km RunMy Profile

Kim August 5, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So weird that it can change that suddenly! Glad you were able to stop working–I did the same thing and am loving it!