The Voice workout and fitness pics are in!

by Kim on November 5, 2013

Hey there! So I have a few fitness pics to share with you from my recent shoot.

Like this one:

Kim-1011 edit

Isn’t my friend amazing?? She captured some really cool angles with the sunlight—I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw them!

We found a really nice spot with beautiful trees, fall leaves, and an insane view of the lake (with the downtown skyline in the background, which you unfortunately can’t really make out in any of the pictures). The day was perfect—crisp and cool, sunny, breezy. (A little too breezy by the water—I have the outtakes to prove it—but not bad, considering.)

I have a few more shots I’ll share with ya (she took 60+ total, in less than an hour!), but first, I wanted to talk about my new obsession.

I’ve never been a huge fan of reality talent shows, a la American Idol or America’s Got Talent. I just never got into either of them—and it wasn’t for lack of trying.

But…THE VOICE.

The Voice is different. I. Love. It.

The only problem is that, in order to be a true Voice fan, you have to sacrifice a solid 4 hours of your week to watch it. Two 2-hour episodes = lots of precious evening free time wasted. Which means that I often end up either multitasking (for example, “studying” NASM while watching) or sacrificing something (so long, workout).

During tonight’s show, I’m hoping to combine watching and working out. I figured that if I had a solid plan going into it, I’d be much more likely to follow through, so here goes.

The plan: I’m going to start out with 10-20 minutes on the treadmill (thank goodness for our TV/treadmill set-up in the basement—I still feel so spoiled by it!), followed by this workout (created specifically for the occasion! haha):

Voice Workout

(Plank Calf-Taps: Plank –> down dog –> reach back to tap your calf –> plank –> push-up. Repeat, tapping the other calf.)

I wonder how many cycles I’ll have to do to make it through a 2-hour prime time show?? I think I’ll probably tap out after 2.

Ok, now for some more of those pics. Seriously–my friend is such an incredibly talented photographer! (Anyone local in search of a photographer: I’d love to hook you up with her info!)

Kim-1004 edit

Gotta love those wide lenses! My legs look way longer than they actually are, haha.

Kim-1019 edit

What I learned: it is not actually natural for me to stretch with my back this straight. I felt so rigid and weird, but I’m sure it looks much better than my usual slumpy version.

Kim-1032 edit

MAN those 15’s were hard to hold up there! Ha! I wanted to use lighter weights, but I liked the classic look of the original metal dumbbells. (Vs. my cute pink rubbery ones!)

Kim-1058 edit

I was wobbling and laughing like crazy during the balance shots. Definitely hard to focus on command! I was also standing right on the edge of a little cliff, which was a tiny bit unnerving.

Oh, and it was cooooold.

Kim-1063 edit

Hair was totally shot by this point, with all the wind it endured, combined with me fiddling with it constantly. Story of my life.

Kim-1009

This blog is obviously in desperate need of a fresh photo on the home page (among other places).

Which one do you recommend??

Rachel B @ Busy Mama Fitness November 7, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Love the pics! You look so cute and healthy!
Rachel B @ Busy Mama Fitness recently posted…Loose Skin Part 3My Profile

Emily @Sinful Nutrition November 6, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Love the yoga pose, but also the stretching photo. Such great colors! You’re friend’s got some talent. They all came out great!
Emily @Sinful Nutrition recently posted…Workout Wednesdays: Because I’m TiredMy Profile

Alysia @ Slim Sanity November 6, 2013 at 10:40 am

Your pics look amazing!! :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Somersault-ing Through Snack TimeMy Profile

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome November 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Great shots! I love the balance photo but they are all really good!
Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…Toddler Tuesday – The Love Nugget’s Christmas ListMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Thanks Giselle!

char eats greens November 5, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I looooove the one of you stretching!! The lighting in it looks so cool PLUS, you look elegant!!! I probably do everything wrong when it comes to slouching (driving, typing, writing, breathing haha)

You Voice workout sounds fab too. Now can you pleeeease convince my hubby to get ME a treadmill. I need it for my sanity…true story!!
char eats greens recently posted…weekend recap: a run, a wedding, and starbucks owes me!My Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Dear Char’s husband: PLEASE buy Char a treadmill! She deserves it! And you won’t regret the sane, happy wife you get out of the deal!! :)

Agreed on slouching–my friend was correcting my posture in some of the shots, especially the stretching one, and I was like, “really?? I was THAT far off??” Quite the learning experience! ha! :)

Rachel@curious runner girl November 5, 2013 at 1:04 pm

You look amazing in those pictures!! i love the idea of working out during ad breaks too – great idea!
Rachel@curious runner girl recently posted…Auckland Marathon Race recapMy Profile

Presley @ Run Pretty November 5, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I want fitness photos now, and I have ZERO reason to do them. hahaha I’m ridiculous.

I love the yoga photo!!
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted…3 Miles + Pregnancy Weight GainMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Sure you do! Blog, Twitter, Facebook…your living room…

I feel so legit just having them on my computer, and I haven’t done a darn thing. Haha.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 5, 2013 at 11:23 am

You look stunning in every photo! My top favorites are the very first one and the one of you stretching. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…Hunter: 7 MonthsMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Thanks! I think I like those best too–the sun!!

Ali November 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

I love the picture when you’re standing sideways and looking at the camera. They are all really good though. I also like doing workouts during TV shows too.
Ali recently posted…Thankful Project: A Talent of MineMy Profile

Katie @ running4cupcakes November 5, 2013 at 9:09 am

wow – those turned out awesome!! I love the one with you stretching and also the yoga pose by the water!! Such a fun thing to do. :) Good luck with your workout – I love our treadmill/tv set up too!!

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm

When we first bought our treadmill, everyone teased us that it would become a coat rack in 6 months, but we love it and use it constantly! Best investment ever!

Katie @ running4cupcakes November 6, 2013 at 7:56 am

Totally agree – I use mine almost every day in the winter. And Scott uses it a lot too!!

Shannon November 5, 2013 at 8:35 am

I’ve been recording the voice but haven’t watched it it. I love the idea of making it into a workout! I think the Yoga pic is the best fitness looking pic, but they are all really great photos of you! Your friend did an amazing job!
Shannon recently posted…My Autumn VillageMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Agreed! She’s incredible!

Kim November 5, 2013 at 8:23 am

Great photos!!! I like the yoga pose best – very impressive!
Kim recently posted…The Joys of Moody Teenage Boys!!!My Profile

Carrie @ Eight Crazy Soles November 5, 2013 at 7:27 am

I really like the first picture you show! I love the Voice but haven’t been able to watch each and evey episode this season. : (. Good idea with your commercial break workout. Let me know how it goes! I however am known to have a little Halloween candy while watching a show as of late!

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Just finished the workout and it went great! I think I could have added more reps, even. :)

Yeah, it’s hard to keep up with the Voice. I definitely haven’t caught every single one either.

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate November 5, 2013 at 6:44 am

So many things I want to say. First- your pictures are awesome!! I love the yoga and stretching ones, but all of them are great! When we went to take our engagement photos I had high hopes for having the skyline in the background but you couldn’t really see it either. And The Voice?! Best.Show.Ever. I dont watch any other reality talent shows and never really have but I have watched The Voice from day one. I think the coaches are absolutely perfect and they are funny too! And what a great idea to workout during commercial breaks- super jealous you have a treadmill!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…October RecapMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Yeah, the coaches are a big part of the reason I like it. I especially like the Adam/Blake banter. :) And I love that every single contestant is so crazy talented!

I wasn’t really expecting to be able to see the skyline, but it would have been so cool. We had a perfect view!

Jessie November 5, 2013 at 6:30 am

Great workout – and your photos turned out beautiful. The one of you doing a yoga pose w/ the water behind is breathtaking and so memorizing.

Have a fantastic day,
Jessie recently posted…Yesterday was Happiness, today is Self CareMy Profile

Kim November 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thanks Jessie! I agree, the scenery was perfect.

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 5, 2013 at 6:29 am

All of these photos turned out beautiful! Hard decision, but I think I like the first pic under the workout. Great workout too! Need to pin that one!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…How to Make Fresh Pumpkin PureeMy Profile