Vacation hunting and fitness planning

by Kim on January 8, 2015

Hey guys! As you can see, I still haven’t recovered my old blogging habits since the holiday break… (Womp womp.)

One huge reason is that I’m planning a family vacation to Florida, so my spare time has been eaten up by endless internet searching. (It’s seriously a part time job right now, since I’m obsessed with finding the perfect, dream vacay spot on a super tight budget.) I was hoping to go in February or March, but silly me! —All the good stuff is already booked solid through April.

Lucky for us, the weather still sucks here in April, so it still makes perfect sense to go then! (I just got so sad writing that…)

Speaking of weather, here’s a look out my window right now:

IMG_6843

Ah, the white stuff. It just keeps coming.

And my poor son is so pale I can almost see through him.

IMG_6835

This little dude doesn’t know any better yet…

IMG_6820

Winter is no time to smile! (Just kidding—kind of.)

And, yes, that’s my giant 4-month-old! He’s rolling over, (mostly) sleeping through the night, and generally being about 1,000 times more chill than his older brother ever was, which is nice. Love him!

Let’s see, what else is new around here?

–I got offered my first official BodyFlow class! I’ll be teaching Wednesday nights at a gym 2 minutes from my house (the convenience is killer), starting in February.

This is actually pretty terrifying because I only know ONE release right now…so either it’s going to be an incredibly boring spring for my poor participants, or I’m going to have to get my larnin’ on ASAP. I have a stack of old releases to learn, but it feels so incredibly daunting to “start over.”

bodyflow

Everyone keeps telling me it gets easier and easier to learn new tracks…welp, they better be right. At this point, I have no idea how instructors keep up!

–Remember when I told you about the Fit Moms for Life program, about a hundred years ago? It’s a 6-week fitness challenge, involving weekly meetings, video workouts, and meal plans, and anyone can lead a group. I was all gung-ho about it two summers ago (WOW, that long?) but was having a hard time getting participants.

Now, I’m finally giving it another shot—but this time, since I’ve joined the local Moms Blog team, I’m using that as a platform to help publicize the group. Crossing my fingers for a better response this time! We’re having a launch party in two weeks, and the 6-week challenge officially starts the 26th.

Here’s the graphic I made for it… (I knew those awkward fitness photos I took a few years ago would come in handy!)

Moms Blog 6 Week Challenge 3

I know several of you were interested in this program back when I first brought it up—if you still are, you can totally start your own group in your area!

I’ll let you know how my attempt #2 goes… :)

–I’m throwing the husband a birthday bash this weekend for his 31st—can’t wait! (I was too pregnant at this time last year to give his 30th proper recognition, so I’m making up for it.)

We have about 20 friends coming out, so instead of trying to manage a massive group at a restaurant, we’re getting Chipotle catered at a friend’s house. Mmm Chipoootleeee….

Woah, gotta go—time to indulge in the best TV show of all time (PARENTHOOD).

Talk soon!

xo

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 9, 2015 at 2:33 pm

BOTH of your boys suddenly look so much older! Craziness. Congrats on landing a full time BodyFlow class! And how convenient the gym is so close…that’s the best, especially when you have kids. Like others have said, it totally does get easier with time to learn choreo. I taught the release I got trained on for a couple months before learning others. Just remember that your participants are likely going to other classes throughout the week too, so they probably won’t get sick of the routine and music as quickly as you might think. ;) Good luck vacation hunting! Sounds fun!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…Friday Favorites: 01/09/15My Profile

Kim January 12, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Oh that’s SO nice to hear that you used your training release for a few months! I’ve been panicking thinking I should at least learn one more full release before my first day (which only gives me two weeks)! I sort of feel bad because another girl and I trained on the same release and did a lot of team teaching during the same class times, so the regulars at those classes HAVE done our release a bazillion times already…but luckily it’s a good one. :) I hope you’re right that they’re not as sick of it as I think!

Katie@LifesNextBigStep January 9, 2015 at 11:41 am

Those little boys of yours are total heartbreakers!! I love it! :)
Katie@LifesNextBigStep recently posted…Third Trimester CrossFitMy Profile

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West January 9, 2015 at 11:40 am

Hi Kim! Yes, it gets way easier to learn releases as you go. I think the second one is the hardest because you are still so new and obsessed with your first release you train on hehehe. But don’t worry! You should probably change your music every two-to-three weeks or so, but you can do it half a class at a time, if that makes sense. Then again, it’s totally up to you how you do it. And good luck with your mom’s program!! Oh for Florida, check out Naples, Sarasota or Southwest Florida? Beaches of South Walton is gorgeous too. I’m from Florida and go back a few times a year. I love it there!
Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Friday Favorites: A hodge-podge of goodiesMy Profile

Kim January 12, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Thanks for the tips, Ashley!!

Becky @ Olives n Wine January 9, 2015 at 10:23 am

It DOES get easier to learn new LM tracks :) I learned the next release of BODYPUMP in about 2 weeks versus 2 months for my first one, haha! And I bought an older release so I can sneak a few new tracks in every once in a while. You’ll do great!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…The Silver Platter CommentMy Profile

Katie January 9, 2015 at 7:38 am

Catered chipotle is genius! Yoga Sculpt doesn’t have specific releases, but when I first started I had a notes sheet in class, and I put it by the volume, so they might think I was fiddling with something, even if I was just looking at my notes. As for florida, you definitely want to go in April. My family has a place in Fort Myers Beach and it is so dang crowded in March that its not even worth it. Unless you only go to the grocery store once and never want to leave your room.
Katie recently posted…Confessions of a Closet HoarderMy Profile

char eats greens January 9, 2015 at 7:19 am

YESSSS! Come to Florida!! If we lived in the 6-bedroom home I envisioned upon moving down (ok, I’m joking, I thought we’d be living in something smaller than we actually are now!), then you could totally just come stay with us. I hope the new teaching gig goes well. Hey, even if you did the same track every week, I’d come ;)
char eats greens recently posted…A Look Back and a Look AheadMy Profile

Kim January 12, 2015 at 8:20 pm

On my way!!! :) We’ll just sleep on your living room floor, mkay?? ;)

Giselle January 8, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Yay for family vacay! We just booked a trip to Hawaii in three weeks! Last minute but it was too good a deal to pass up and we really wanted to start our year off on a good note. Congrats on the permanent Body Flow class. I’m sure you’ll be great!
Giselle recently posted…5 Foods you Probably aren’t Feeding your Child but Should Be!My Profile

Kim January 12, 2015 at 8:15 pm

AWESOME about Hawaii!! I know that was on your bucket list. You’ll love it. :)