What’s on my mind

by Kim on June 30, 2014

Ahh, another awesome but way-too-short summer weekend.

20140627_193615

Mase got loads of QT with his grandparents…

20140627_185625

20140628_183032

Plus some good old wet-and-dirty outside time.

20140629_122552

20140629_123235

Meanwhile, Mom and Dad got to get fancy for a wedding.

20140628_171755

Well…that was the best I could do for “fancy.”

I didn’t end up staying for the whole reception, since, let’s be honest, wedding’s aren’t quite the same when you’re pregnant and sober. But it was still fun to see the ceremony and hang out for a bit afterwards.

So now we’re back to the grind…luckily it’s only a 4-day week!

Here are a few random things on my mind this week…

–I’m working on booking a photographer for a newborn shoot. Gosh, this stuff is expensive. (But worth it, right??) This time, we’re thinking about going with someone who will come to our house, vs. us going to a studio. (That was hard enough last time with a newborn, but a newborn + toddler??)

–We just booked a sort of last-minute family trip to a waterpark this weekend for the 4th. I’m stoked! I originally wanted to camp–or at least rent a rustic cabin–but everything was booked by the time we were ready to pull the trigger, so we’ll be in a hotel. Brent is secretly thrilled about this (and I have to admit, it’ll be so much easier in a lot of ways).

In related news, I had to buy a maternity swimsuit…boy, was that fun! I went with a black tankini with a little skirt for max coverage (haha), but it’s still not the prettiest sight ever. Luckily, I’m entering the “who cares” stage of pregnancy.

–I’m thinking about joining my friend Giselle’s 3-week Paleo Challenge (you should too!). I might not start until next week, since I didn’t have time to properly prepare for this week, and this is something I’d definitely want to go into feeling “ready.” But this happens to be something I’ve been wanting to try for awhile, so the timing couldn’t be much better! Thanks Giselle!!

–I NEED to buy a crib. Like NEEEED to. This week??

–I wasn’t sure how this summer + pregnancy thing was going to go, but there is one giant perk to it: fresh summer fruit. Lots of preggos go bonkers over fruit, and I’m one of them. You should have seen me putting away giant bowls of watermelon, strawberries, melon, and pineapple at the in-laws’ over the weekend…

–We’re trying to decide if we should take Mason to the fireworks Thursday night. This would mean staying up super late (like 11 PM)–is 2 old enough for that?? The other question is: will he be terrified??

–I have a big-ish announcement to make. I was going to make it today, but I think it deserves its own post. So come back tomorrow to find out how my life will be changing (besides, like, from having another baby and stuff) and what it means for this blog!

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples July 1, 2014 at 10:29 am

Loving that gray and white skirt! Super cute fit! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted…More Work, Less Sleep… More Energy?My Profile

Giselle June 30, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I’m excited for the announcement!
This summer really is flying by. I can’t believe June is gone already! You look stunning in all the pictures especially the wedding pic!
Thank you for the shout out! I hope you join in :-)
Giselle recently posted…Marvelous Anniversary WeekendMy Profile

Lindsey I June 30, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I feel like we are on the same prego wavelength. All I seem to eat is fruit, currently looking for a baby photographer, and we are desperately needing to pick up a crib too! Let’s hope we can both get it all done soon!
BTW, would love to see some online workouts from you ;)

Kim June 30, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Haha! Great minds, my friend.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 30, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I love your maxi skirt in that first photo – very cute!

Sounds like you have a fun 4th of July weekend planned! We are going camping. Should be interesting with a toddler since we’re sleeping in a tent. Hmmm. Wish me luck. Ha!

Can’t wait to hear your announcement!!!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…Sharing My StoryMy Profile

Kim June 30, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I love tent camping! Have fun!! Can’t wait to hear how it goes with Hunter. I would totally go for that too, but the husband is less brave/adventurous. :)

char eats greens June 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Bring on that announcement!! I love me some fruit, too (although so NOT pregnant haha). And, I swear Nia is a fruititarian (<–is that even a word??). Girl cannot eat enough fruit (she's already had banana, green smoothie, blueberries, and strawberries today!).

Tomorrow is Canada Day and I'm happy that Tyler actually has it off work for once, so we're going to my grandparents' house to watch the fireworks, and let's be honest, I'm hitting up the amazing vegan bakery located close to their house. I always gotta make it about me somehow ;) haha
char eats greens recently posted…sort of surreal + doing a CSA differentlyMy Profile

Kim June 30, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Happy Canada Day! :) haha fruititarian, I love it. Nia knows what’s up!!

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate June 30, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Oh boy, what a teaser! Cant wait to hear what the big announcement is!!! My dad’s girlfriend is a photographer in Chicago area and loves baby shoots. She actually did our engagement photos too. They visit us often in Madison, so if you are still looking for someone let me know. She is super reasonable too! http://cherylpacyna.com/#/page/b458/babies/
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…4th of July Recipe RoundupMy Profile